What You Need to Sign Up
If you're 11-18 and helping to care for a family member, friend or someone in your community, you're eligible for the Young Carers Package. To sign-up you will need:
- Your Young Scot card
- Your mygovscot myaccount - if you don't have one it only takes 5 minutes to set one up
- The name and email address of a trusted adult that would be happy to confirm that you provide a care role
- Around 15 minutes to complete the sign-up process
Unfortunately, due to data protection laws under 12's will not be able to sign up for Young Scot Membership. We appreciate this is disappointing and are working hard to find a solution. If you are 11 and have a care role we have a separate application form for the Young Carer Package for those under 12, with all the same opportunities and benefits.
Application Form Here.
In order to keep on building the best services for young Scot's, we always welcome your feedback and comments, just send us an email on email@example.com
If you need any help with creating your myaccount or syncing your old Rewards account you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If the problem is to do with creating your myaccount or your Young Scot Card number not being accepted, you can raise a support request with myaccount.
Registering for mygovscot myaccount and a Young Scot Membership
1. Go to membership.young.scot to get started. From there you will be able to view opportunities but you won't be able to access them until you log in. To sign up click on the person icon on the top right-hand side of the page. This will open a new window where you can register for or log in to your mygovscot myaccount.
2. If you do not have a mygovscot myaccount, click 'Register'. A new window will open, click 'Register' on the left- hand side box.
3. Now you will need to enter your information. Follow the steps and enter the requested information (some of it is optional).
4. Once you have entered your details, you will receive a confirmation email.
5. Follow the link in the email to activate your mygovscot myaccount. You will need to read and accept the terms and conditions. Please make sure you read these carefully!
6. Once you've read and accepted the terms and conditions you will have to provide your consent for mygovscot myaccount to share your data with Young Scot. You will need to do this to create your Young Scot Membership account. Click 'Yes, take me there'.
7. You will then need to read and accept terms and conditions for Young Scot Membership. Please make sure you read these carefully!
8. Once you've read and accepted these you will be asked to enter your 16-digit Young Scot card number to validate your account. This is the one under your name and above the date of birth.
Then... you're in! You've now registered for a Young Scot Membership account.
Applying for the Young Carers Entitlement Package
1. To apply for the Young Carers Package, click on ‘My Membership’ at the top of the page. Then click ‘Apply for Young Carers Entitlement’.
2. You will then need to complete the short application form. Depending on the information you provide it can take up to five working days for your application to be processed.
3. You will receive an email notification if your application is approved. You can now check out what's available to you!
Please note: As part of the process you will need to register for a mygovscot myaccount service, this is a secure sign-in service for accessing public services in Scotland. As part of that registration you will be asked to share a number of personal details such as D.O.B and declare gender of Male or Female. These attributes are used to verify the user. We appreciate that some young Scots may not identify in this way. The mygovscot myaccount service will be updating this part of the registration process over the summer.
Find more information on the Young Carers campaign page.