We are Young Scot. Young Scot is operated by Young Scot Enterprise, which is a Scottish registered charity (registered number SC029757) and a company limited by guarantee (registered number SC202687). Our registered office is at Caledonian Exchange. 19A Canning Street. Edinburgh. EH3 8EG.
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) provide information about this Website including:
- what your rights are;
- what we are responsible for; and
- how the Website can be used by you.
You should only use this Website in accordance with these Terms, so it is important that you read these Terms carefully. If you don’t agree to these Terms then you should not use the Website. If anything is unclear, or you have any questions, then you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website is intended to be used by people who live in Scotland and are aged between 11 and 26 years old only. If you are under the age of 11 then you should not use this Website.
For information on how we collect and use your personal information through this Website, please see our privacy notice.
How we provide this Website
This Website is available to you for free.
We cannot guarantee that the Website will always be available when you try to access it and that you will be able to access it without interruption. For example, technical issues may result in the Website being unavailable from time to time.
We might suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change the Website or part of it without any notice. If we do this we will not be responsible to you if our Website is unavailable at any time.
Your user account
If you create a user account on our Website it is important that you keep your account details secret. You should not share your account details with anybody else.
If we think that you have not complied with these Terms, or there might otherwise be a risk to the security of the Website or any other users, then we can disable your user account.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user account details or has been using your account, you must tell us as soon as possible. You can do that by emailing us at email@example.com.
The Online Content: Who owns it and how can you use it?
Other than any content that you provide to us, the property and any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the content available on the Website (“Online Content”) belongs to us or to other business or individuals who have given us permission to use that content or information on our Website.
You can access the Online Content in order to read, look at, download, store, use and copy it for your own personal use only!
This means you must not:
- download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Online Content for anything other than your own personal use; or
- sub-licence, rent, lease, transfer or attempt to sell the rights in the Online Content to anyone else; or
- make the Online Content available on a network; or
- allow anyone else to use the Online Content, other than another individual, in accordance with these Terms, or
- use or allow anyone to use the Online Content for commercial purposes or to make any money from it; or
- conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to the Online Content.
If you believe that any Online Content is owned by you or violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us, setting out (where possible):
- who you are;
- how you own the relevant copyright work; and
- details of the alleged infringement.
Young Scot will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
Your use of the Website and content created by you
We provide our Website to provide information and interesting and exciting opportunities to young people in Scotland. We ask that you use our Website responsibly which means we ask that you do not use our Website:
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm children in any way;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- to send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material; or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, or any other harmful programs designed to adversely affect the operation of our IT systems.
Where we provide interactive content such as chat rooms and bulletin boards, or content from a third party we will provide clear information to you about what kind of conduct is acceptable, and if it is moderated (including whether that is human or technical).
Where interactive services are provided by third parties, we will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children), and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service in the light of those risks.
However, please note that we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our standards set out in these Terms, whether the service is moderated or not.
If you provide or upload content to the Website then you continue to own any rights that exist in that content, but you agree that we can use that content on the Website and in other materials that we may issue and share that content with others.
Where you content includes personal information about you, then we will only use that in accordance with our privacy notice, but we may also use a version of that content that does not identify you.
From time to time we may promote promotions and competitions (each a “Promotion“) for prizes on the Website. You will be able to enter a Promotion either via a Young Scot Rewards account or via a Facebook Account or directly through the Website.
By entering a Promotion you agree to accept and be bound by these Terms, in addition to any terms and conditions specific to that Promotion (“Specific Promotion Terms“). Specific Promotion Terms may describe the deletion or replacement of any of these Terms.
Your reliance on information on this Website
The information on the Website is provided for general information only and is not intended to be relied upon. You should always consider getting specific advice from an appropriately qualified person – for example, from a doctor or health professional in relation to health or medical matters or a financial advisor on money matters. While we try to make sure everything on the Website is correct, we can’t guarantee that everything on the Website is complete, accurate, free from errors and up to date.
This Website may also include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including to social media pages, video-sharing sites, bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
If you think any of the information on this Website is out of date or inaccurate, please let us know.
Our liability to you
This clause sets out what our liability to you as a user of the Website:
- We do not guarantee that any Online Content that you can download from the Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that may contaminate or destroy property. You are responsible for making sure that your device has appropriate anti-virus and security software.
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be continuously available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year but we will try to keep downtime to a minimum.
- We have no responsibility for the content of websites of third parties which are linked to from our Website. We do not endorse any of the websites linked to from our Website and Young Scot will not be liable for any loss which may arise from your use of them. Any concerns regarding any external link from our Website should be directed to the operator of that website.
- We only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- The information on this Website is provided for information only and is not intended to be relied upon. We therefore cannot be responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer from relying upon the information or arising out of any decisions that you make based on information on this Website.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Contact Young Scot
If you wish to contact us, you can do so be various methods as follows:
- By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post or hand delivery to: Young Scot Enterprise, Caledonian Exchange. 19A Canning Street. Edinburgh. EH3 8EG.
If we sell or transfer the operation of the Website, we may transfer any or all of its rights and obligations under these Terms to that party, and we are not required to inform you that we have done so or intended to do so.
We may alter these Terms from time to time and post a new version on the Website. Any amended version of the Terms will take effect immediately on being posted on the Website.
If any section of these Terms (or any part of any such provision or term) is or becomes unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such section (or the relevant part of it) will be cut out from these Terms, but the remaining Terms will remain unaffected.
These Terms are governed by Scots law and any dispute under or in connection with them must be brought in the Scottish courts. However, if you have any grievances, please feel free to contact us in accordance with clause 9 above.
Young Scot Enterprise
© Young Scot Enterprise 2023
Young Scot Enterprise is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland (No: 202687) and has its registered office at Caledonian Exchange, 19A Canning Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EG