Meet the team
Youth Work in Carnoustie, Monifieth and Sidlaws
Hi! We are the Communities team in Carnoustie, Monifieth and Sidlaws and we have youth workers in our team that can support you in lots of ways!
We run lot of fun and interesting youth work activities that can help you meet new people, build confidence and learn new things. We run projects in schools and in the community.
These projects can cover a range of interests and topics such as supporting you with your transition to secondary, projects that support your health and wellbeing, art and media projects and many more.
There are also lots of opportunities to gain accreditation through youth achievement awards and we also have lots of Angus wide opportunities that you can get involved in and meet new people.
We are based in the old Carnoustie Access Office – pop in and say hi and find out more about what projects you can get involved in.
For more information and contact details please see our facebook page
The Carnoustie, Monifieth & Sidlaw team have put together a wee bit of information to introduce themselves…get ready to meet….
Jill Boni – Communities Officer
Hi there, I’m Jill and I am a Communities Officer in the Carnoustie, Monifieth and Sidlaw team.
So, I have two main parts to my work, I work in schools and in the community with young people and I also work with older people and groups/organisations in the town on a range of activities.
My work with young people covers areas such as:
- Group work – examples include art, media, enterprise
- Friday Night Projects which helps with the transition from primary school to high school, high school into work, further study
- Looking after your mental health and wellbeing
- Forming healthy relationships and sexual health
- Peer education
- Outdoor learning activities
- Learning Life skills
- Youth awards (Hi-5, Dynamic Youth, Youth Achievement) – These awards are not just for fun, they can be SQA accredited and can help you get into college, uni or your chosen career. They are also fun and focus on things you are interested in. For more details on Awards see
My work with community groups/organisations and adults covers;
- Supporting community groups/organisations with things like funding, setting up their groups and offering advice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Outdoor Learning
- Engaging with the community
- Tenant participation
- Supporting Communities Volunteers
- Adult Awards (Adult Achievement Awards)
If you want to find out more or want to have a chat with me you can contact me on 07557758679 or you can e-mail BoniJ@angus.gov.uk
Donald McNeil – Communities Officer
Hi, I work with people over the age of 16, who would like help improving their skills. This covers a wide range of things such as:
- Money Matter,
- Digital Skills
I can also provide you with support on writing CV’s, Job search and job applications. You can also work towards Adult Achievement Awards and range of other SQA’s. I also do a little bit of work with schools.
If you have something you would like to talk to me about you can contact me for a chat on 07552009952 or email McNeilD@angus.gov.uk
I work part time, but Tracy does the other half of my job, meet her below…….
Tracy Lannon – Communities Officer
Hi, I work with people in the local community, who would like help improving their skills. This covers a wide range of things such as:
- Support/advice for people who have English as a second language,
- Family learning sessions,
- Provide support for awards Schemes, eg Adult Achievement Award and a range of other SQA qualifications.
- Engaging with the community supporting individuals and groups to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to work towards their desired goals;
- Advice/support to young people
If you have something you would like to work on contact me for a chat on 07552212471 or email me LannonT@angus.gov.uk
Sylvia Breen – Communities Officer
Hello there, my role is to support community groups to influence and deliver services for their community, including developing youth work projects and services with young people. My work includes
- Youth Café
- Art projects
- Walking and cycling
- Health and wellbeing
- Sexual health and relationships
- Engaging the community
- Support to access funding
- Connecting groups and service; community, local Authority, public, private and voluntary
- Community Asset Transfer – both lease and purchase.
Tell us what projects and services you would like to see in your local community!
I work three days a week and my job share Hong works two days. Scroll down to meet Hong.
If you would like to find out more or to just want to chat about how I can help you or your group you can contact me on BreenS@angus.gov.uk or 07552008375
Hong Zhang – Communities Officer
Similar to Sylvia I work to support a range of community groups and projects to improve life chances of all ages and to influence and deliver services within their community. This covers:
- Supporting individuals and groups to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to work towards their desired goals;
- Helping to connect community and Local Authority departments, public, private and voluntary organisations;
- Community Asset Transfer – both lease and purchase;
- Participatory Budgeting;
- Locality Planning;
- Facilitating Care-noustie Café with my colleague Donald McNeil.
If you want to find out more or just have a chat about how I can help you or your group you can contact me on 07557865246 or you can email ZhangH@angus.gov.uk
Kathryn Foot – Communities Assistant
Hi, I’m Kathryn and I am a youth worker in the Carnoustie, Monifieth and Sidlaw Communities team. I work with young people who live in the area and I also do some work in Carnousite High School.
My work with young people covers areas such as:
- Group work
- Transitioning from primary school to high school, high school into work, further study
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Building Healthy relationships
- Peer education
- Outdoor learning
- Life skills
- Youth awards (Hi-5, Dynamic Youth, Youth Achievement)
If you want to find out more or want to have a chat feel free to email me FootK@angus.gov.uk
Teresa Halkett – Communities Assistant
Hi, I am part of the Carnousite, Monifieth and Sidlaw Communities Team and I work with people who would like help improving their skills.
My work includes;
- Family Learning – Supporting local families some of which have been referred, to learn through play. Also supporting adults individually in relation to working towards Volunteering Qualifications and Employment.
- Youth Work- Supporting young people through providing them with Learning Opportunities involving them in the planning of their learning programme
- Adult Achievement Awards- Supporting adults to achieve an accredited qualification possibly their first.
If you want to find out more you can drop me an e-mail at HalkettT@angus.gov.uk
Staff are in the process of setting up individual worker facebook pages, until then you can follow us on Facebook page. You can message us there too.
Are we offering the right things? Is there something you and your friends would be interested in doing but not mentioned above? If so, get in touch and we will try to help organise.