What You Need to Sign Up
If you’re 11-18 and helping to care for a family member, friend or someone in your community, you’re eligible for the Young Carers Package. To sign-up you will need:
- A mygovscot myaccount – if you don’t have one it only takes 5 minutes to set one up
- The name and email address of a trusted adult that would be happy to confirm that you provide a care role
- Around 15 minutes to complete the whole sign-up process
- Your Young Scot National Entitlement Card (Young Scot NEC)
Don’t have your Young Scot NEC? No problem! You can still sign up for Membership right now and get access to online discounts, Young Scot Rewards and our Young Carers Package.
Unfortunately, due to data protection laws under 12’s will not be able to sign up for Young Scot Membership. We appreciate this is disappointing and are working hard to find a solution. If you are 11 and have a caring role we have a separate application form for the Young Carer Package for those under 12, with all the same opportunities and benefits.
In order to keep on building the best services for young people, we always welcome your feedback and comments, just send us an email at email@example.com.?
If you need any help with creating your myaccount or syncing your old Rewards account you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the problem is to do with creating your myaccount or your Young Scot NEC number not being accepted, you can raise a support request with myaccount.
Aged 12 – 18?
Follow the below steps to apply for the Young Carers Package.
Registering for mygovscot myaccount and Young Scot Membership
1. Go to membership.young.scot to get started. From there you will be able to view opportunities but you won’t be able to access them until you log in. To sign up click on the person icon on the top right-hand side of the page. This will open a page where you can register for or log in to your mygovscot myaccount.
2. If you do not have a mygovscot myaccount, click ‘Register’. This will now load a page where you can click ‘Register’.
3. Now you will need to enter your information. Follow the steps and enter the requested information (some of it is optional).
4. Once you have entered your details, you will receive a confirmation email.
5. Follow the link in the email to activate your mygovscot myaccount. You will need to read and accept the terms and conditions. Please make sure you read these carefully!
6. Once you’ve read and accepted the terms and conditions you will have to provide your consent for mygovscot myaccount to share your data with Young Scot. You will need to do this to create your Young Scot Membership account. Click ‘Yes, take me there’.
7. You will then need to read and accept the terms and conditions for Young Scot Membership. Please make sure you read these carefully!
8. Once you’ve read and accepted these you will be asked to enter your 16-digit Young Scot card number to validate your account. This is the one under your name and above the date of birth.
Please Note: Step 8 is no longer neccessary, so even if you do not have your Young Scot National Entitlement Card you can still sign up to Young Scot Membership and the Young Carers Package.
Then… you’re in! You’ve now registered for a Young Scot Membership account. The next steps will go through applying for the Young Carers Package.
Applying for the Young Carers Package
1. To apply for the Young Carers Package, click on ‘Special Opportunities’ at the top of the page
2. This will take you to this page where you should select ‘Young Carers Package’
3. You will then need to complete the short application form. Depending on the information you provide it can take up to five working days for your application to be processed.
4. You will receive an email notification if your application is approved. You can now check out what’s available to you!