The below organisations provide information and support for young carers, visit their websites and social media channels for more information.
Working as part of Carers UK, Carers Scotland:
- gives expert advice, information and support
- connects carers so no-one has to care alone
- campaigns together for lasting change
- innovates to find new ways to reach and support carers
Tel: 0808 808 7777
Carers Trust Scotland
Carers Trust Scotland is connected to a unique network of local carers centres and young carers’ services across Scotland.
Some of the ways these centres provide support is by:
- giving information and advice
- providing access to often desperately-needed breaks
- offering advice on education, training and employment
- helping carers to maintain their own health and wellbeing and offering support so they do not feel isolated
- running support schemes for young carers. There are separate young carers’ services in some areas – their contact details can be provided by the centre.
Tel: 0300 772 7701