What is self care?
Self-care is the little things we do to look after our mental health. It encourages you to listen to your feelings and understand what you can do to help feel better. At Young Scot we know the cost-of-living crisis has had a huge impact on young people and their ability to socialise. So, we’ve put together a model of a self-care day out to give you an idea of how you can utilise Young Scot discounts to take care of your mental health in an affordable and sustainable way.
Dealing with hard feelings is a universal struggle but what works for someone else may not work for you. Build your own self-care day out with the options below and discover what works for you!
Create your #AyeFeel Day Out
First, take the bus into your town. For free, of course, if you’re under 22.
- Are you spending the day alone?
- Or with a friend?
Each option is equally valid. Consider whether social interaction energises or drains you.
- Once you’re in town you could head into a coffee shop for a comforting hot drink and pastry. Take a look at Young Scot rewards for opportunities to win vouchers.
- Or have some fun window shopping. Have a look at Young Scot discounts to see if you can save some money!
Refreshed by retail therapy or baked goods it’s time for some culture.
Young Scot gives you discounts on entry into exhibitions at National Galleries Scotland, National Museum of Soctland, V&A Dundee, Historic Scotland, and Historic Houses. Culture and history are accessible no matter where you are in Scotland.
- Once you’ve had your fill you could head home, reflecting on your day.
- Or grab some food from one of our many discount partners, alone or with friends. Be present in the moment, appreciate the meal and the company.
This is just one of the many ways you can utilise your Young Scot NEC to have an #AyeFeel Day Out. Young Scot’s discounts and rewards are here to help you practice self-care without worrying about finances or access.
How would you spend your perfect #AyeFeel day out? Complete this survey to let us know and earn 150 membership points!