Three is a magic number…
Young Scot is now looking ahead to the next three years. We’re developing our new three-year Strategic Plan for 2019-2022 and we’re looking for young people to take the lead.
Our Strategic Plan sets out who we are as on organisation, our vision for what we would like to achieve for the young people of Scotland and how we intend to make this happen over the next three years.
We want to ensure young people are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we are recruiting #YSThree - a Young People’s Advisory Group to help shape Young Scot and the work we do.
- Excited to shape the future of Young Scot and identify the key priorities we should focus on?
- Passionate about engaging with other young people and organisations across Scotland?
- Buzzing with ideas about how Young Scot can become even better at what we do?
If that’s you, we invite you to join the #YSThree Advisory Group!
What will you do?
You will be responsible for co-designing our new Strategic Plan, helping us to engage with partners and stakeholders to explore their thoughts on who Young Scot is and what we should focus on over the next three years.
Who are we looking for?
If you are aged 11-26, we’d love to hear from you. We want you to tell us how we’re doing, what we could do better and what we need to focus on to help make Scotland the best country in the world for young people. We also want you to tell us what matters most to you growing up in Scotland and what you hope the future will look like.
What will you get?
These are voluntary positions, but we will provide travel expenses and accommodation where necessary. Training and support throughout the process will also be provided, including access to a youth facilitator.
You will also:
- Boost your CV as a member of #YSThree
- Receive training to support you in your role as an Advisory Group member
- Increase your confidence, your communications skills and be empowered to challenge decision makers
- Challenge yourself to be innovative and create brilliant ideas
- Make friends for life – our volunteers have the opportunity to meet other young people from across Scotland
- Get a massive 250 #YSRewards points for coming to the first meeting!
We will be launching our new Strategic Plan in April 2019. We will work with the Advisory Group over the next nine months to create it. We will set key dates to meet together to work. We will also have opportunities to visit a range of organisations to let them feed into our plans. We will share specific dates in due course. All travel costs will be covered by Young Scot.
If you would like to be on the Advisory Panel, you can apply online, use the embedded form below or download a paper version here or from the attachments section at the bottom of this page.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15th June 2018.
Once completed, please send your paper application for free to;
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org your completed application.
Then what happens?
If you have any questions you can contact the Young Scot team for free on 0808 801 0338 or email email@example.com
The first Advisory Group meeting will be on Wednesday 20th June from 5pm-8pm at Young Scot HQ in Edinburgh.
9 Haymarket Terrace