Are you passionate about education? Would you like to have a say in how changes in the education and skills system are made for you and future generations?
We're working with the Scottish Government to set up a team of young people, aged 15-24, to push ahead with a conversation about the Learner Journey Review.
The Learner Journey Review follows on from research that was carried out with young people and sets out 17 recommendations to improvements in the skills and education system across the country. You can see details of the review here.
Your aim would be to co-design a project that will look at applying these recommendations and consider how they will work for real young people. It’s about finding solutions to problems within the learning environment by working together to ensure your voices are being heard.
If you had the opportunity to help create change in schools, colleges and universities for you and thousands of others, would you take it? Well this is your chance.
The project would involve a combination of workshops and national events throughout the year, encouraging participants to engage in discussions locally and throughout the country with peers, teachers and stakeholders. You would also get the opportunity to design a national campaign promoting different opportunities within the learning pathway. We want to empower you to be involved in decisions about your education from the earliest stage.
The project will run between October 2018 and July 2019.
What's in it for you?
- £50 voucher on completion of the project
- Be involved in discussions about the future of education in Scotland
- Challenge the decision-makers
- Increase your confidence and public-speaking skills
- Meet several other young people from across the country
- All your travel, food & accommodation costs will be covered!
Up for the challenge?
- Your name, age and where you live
- Why you want to get involved and if you volunteer with any organisations
- Any support you require or considerations we need to make to help you participate
- If you are you free for project kick-off mid-October (Dates TBC)
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Co-design Team at 0131 313 2488 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also provide the information in any other formats if required.