If you need a replacement card simply call the Scottish Borders Young Scot office on 0300 100 1800.
Or you can contact: CustomerAdvice@scotborders.gov.uk
You can request a photo upgrade and change your address or personal details at one of the validation points.
If you are at secondary school...
Contact your school office and they should be able to arrange one for you.
If you are no longer at school...
You can get an application form for your first card at a Local Validation Point listed below.
Once you've completed an application form, you don't send it by post to us - you have to get it validated! You may want to fill the form out at the Local Validation Point who will send it away to be processed, but the cardholder must attend with;
- a passport-sized photo,
- identification (like a passport),
- and; a proof of address
Local Validation Points
- Newtown St Boswells Contact Centre, Council Headquarters, Bowden Road, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA
- Coldstream Library Contact Centre, Gateway Centre, High Street, Coldstream, TD12 4AE
- Eyemouth Contact Centre, Old High School Building, Coldingham Road, Eyemouth, TD14 5AN
- Hawick Contact Centre, High Street, Hawick, TD9 9EF
- Jedburgh Library Contact Centre, Castlegate, Jedburgh, TD8 6AS
- Duns Library Contact Centre, 49 Newtown Street, Duns, TD11 3AU
- Galashiels Contact Centre, Paton Street, Galashiels, TD1 3AS
- Innerleithen Library Contact Centre, Buccleuch Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6LA
- Kelso Library Contact Centre, Bowmont Street, Kelso, TD5 7JH
- Selkirk Contact Centre, High Street, Selkirk, TD7 4JX
- Peebles Contact Centre, High Street, Peebles, EH45 8AG
Topping Up Your Card
If you use your card for cashless catering then you can top up your cards using the machines in school. The machines take coins so make sure you have change.
You can also pay by cheque. Just speak to the catering manager at your school.