If you need a replacement card you can call the Telephone Contact Centre office on 01294 310 000.
If you are at secondary school...
Contact your school office and they should be able to arrange one for you.
If you are no longer at school...
You can get an application form for your first card at a Local Validation Point listed below.
Once you've completed an application form, you don't send it by post to us - you have to get it validated! You may want to fill the form out at the Local Validation Point who will send it away to be processed, but the cardholder must attend with;
- a passport-sized photo,
- identification (like a passport),
- and; a proof of address
Local Validation Points
- Irvine & Kilwinning Local Office, 3rd Floor, Bridgegate House, Irvine, KA12 8BD
- Saltcoats Town Hall, Countess Street, Saltcoats, KA21 5HP
- North Coast Local Office, Brooksby Medical & Resource Centre, 31 Brisbane Road, Largs, KA30 8LH
- Garnock Valley Local Office, Craigton Road, Kilbirnie, KA25 6LJ
- Arran Local Office, Council Offices, Lamlash, Isle of Arran, KA27 8JY
- Cumbrae Local Office, Garrison House, The Garrison, Millport, KA28 0DG
Topping Up Your Card
If you use your card for cashless catering then you can top up your cards using the machines in school and your 4-digit pin. The machines take coins so make sure you have change.
You can also top up your Young Scot card online. North Ayrshire uses Parent Pay, a reference for a Parent Pay account will usually be given in a letter from the school.
All shops in North Ayrshire with a paypoint can also be used to top up cards.
If you don't know your 4-digit pin or Parent Pay reference you can speak to the catering staff at school or call North Ayrshire Council on 01294 541 556.