If you are at school…
Contact your school office. During the long summer break, pupils at Midlothian schools can go to any Midlothian library (see the Local Validation Points list below), and ask the librarian to arrange a replacement pass. During shorter breaks, you must wait until you get back to school at the start of the next term.
Or, if you are no longer at school…
You can also visit a Midlothian library selected from the Validation Points list below, and ask the librarian to arrange a replacement pass. The librarian will then check that the image of you held in your record on the database is a true match of your face. If good, then a replacement pass will be arranged.
If you are at secondary school...
Contact your school office and they should be able to arrange one for you if you haven't already been asked in first year.
If you are no longer at school...
You can get an application form for your first card at a Local Validation Point listed below.
Once you've completed an application form, you don't send it by post to us - you have to get it validated! You may want to fill the form out at the Local Validation Point who will send it away to be processed, but the cardholder must attend with;
- a passport-sized photo,
- identification (like a passport),
- and; a proof of address
Local Validation Points
- Dalkeith Library, 2 White Hart Street, Dalkeith, EH22 1AE
- Danderhall Library, 1a Campview, Danderhall, EH22 1QD
- Gorebridge Library, 98 Huntersfield Road, Gorebridge, EH23 4TT
- Lasswade Library, 19 Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg, EH19 2LA
- Loanhead Library, George Avenue, Loanhead, EH20 9LA
- Newbattle Library, Newbattle Way, Easthouses, EH22 4SX
- Newtongrange Library, St Davids, Newtongrange, EH22 4LG
- Penicuik Library, Carlops Road, Penicuik, EH26 9EP
- Roslin Library, 9 Main Street, Roslin, EH25 9LD
Topping Up Your Card