If you are at secondary school…
Contact your school office. During the long summer break, pupils at Midlothian schools can go to any Midlothian library (see the Local Validation Points list below), and ask the librarian to arrange a replacement card. During shorter breaks, you must wait until you get back to school.
If you are no longer at school…
You can visit a Midlothian library selected from the Local Validation Points list below, and ask the librarian to arrange a replacement card. The librarian will then check the database for your details. If good, then a replacement card will be arranged.
If you are at secondary school...
Contact your school office and they should be able to arrange one for you if you haven't already been asked in first year.
If you are no longer at school...
You can get an application form for your first card at a Local Validation Point listed below.
Once you've completed an application form, you don't send it by post to us - you have to get it validated! You may want to fill the form out at the Local Validation Point who will send it away to be processed, but the cardholder must attend with;
- a passport-sized photo,
- identification (like a passport),
- and; a proof of address
You can find a list of validation points in Midlothian below.
Local Validation Points
- Dalkeith Library, 2 White Hart Street, Dalkeith, EH22 1AE
- Danderhall Library, 1a Campview, Danderhall, EH22 1QD
- Gorebridge Library, 98 Huntersfield Road, Gorebridge, EH23 4TT
- Lasswade Library, 19 Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg, EH19 2LA
- Loanhead Library, George Avenue, Loanhead, EH20 9LA
- Newbattle Library, Newbattle Way, Easthouses, EH22 4SX
- Newtongrange Library, St Davids, Newtongrange, EH22 4LG
- Penicuik Library, Carlops Road, Penicuik, EH26 9EP
- Roslin Library, 9 Main Street, Roslin, EH25 9LD
Topping Up Your Card