If you need a replacement card simply call the Dumfries & Galloway Young Scot office on 0303 333 3000.
You can request a photo upgrade and change your address or personal details at one of the validation points.
If you are at secondary school...
Contact your school office and they should be able to arrange one for you.
If you are no longer at school...
You can get an application form for your first card at a Local Validation Point listed below.
Once you've completed an application form, you don't send it by post to us - you have to get it validated! You may want to fill the form out at the Local Validation Point who will send it away to be processed, but the cardholder must attend with;
- a passport-sized photo,
- identification (like a passport),
- and; a proof of address
You can find a list of validation points in Dumfries & Galloway below.
Local Validation Points
- Sustainable Travel Team, Militia House, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2HR
- DG Customer Services Annan, High Street, annan, DG12 6AQ
- DG Customer Services Kirkcudbright, High Street, Kirkcudbright, DG6 4JG
- DG Customer Services Sanquhar, 100 High Street, Sanquhar, DG4 6DZ
- DG Customer Services Castle Douglas, Market Hill, King Street, Castle Douglas, DG7 1AE
- DG Customer Services Moffat, High Street, Moffat, DG10 9GF
- DG Customer Services Dumfries, Catherine Street, Dumfries, DG1 1JB
- DG Customer Services Lockerbie, 31 - 33 High Street, Lockerbie, DG11 2JL
- DG Customer Services Kirkconnel, Greystone Avenue, Kelloholm, Sanquhar, DG4 6RA
- DG Customer Services Langholm, Council Offices, English Street, Langholm, DG1 2DD
- DG Customer Services Newton Stewart, Church Street, Newton Stewart, DG8 6ER
- DG Customer Services Stranraer, North Strand Street, Stranraer, DG9 7LD
- DG Customer Services Dalbeattie, 23 High Street, Dalbeattie, DG5 4AD
- DG Customer Services Gretna, Central Avenue, Gretna, DG16 5AQ
- DG Customer Services Lochmaben, Town Hall, High Street, Lochmaben, DG11 1NQ
- DG Customer Services Thornhill, Townhead Street, Thornhill, DG3 5NW
- DG Customer Services Wigtown, Wigtown County Buildings, Wigtown, DG8 9JH
- DG Customer Services Whithorn, St John Street, Whithorn, DG8 8PF
- DG Customer Services Port William, Main Street, Port William, DG8 9JQ
Topping Up Your Card
If you use your card for cashless catering then you can top up your card online.
You can also top up your card by cash or cheque at school. Just ask the catering staff for an envelope and place notes or cheques inside, seal the envelope and deposit in the secure safe box. Paying by cash or cheque will mean your account may not be credited until up to 24 hours later.
You can also top up your card using the machines in school. The machines only take coins so make sure you have change.