If you need a replacement card and you still attend an Argyll and Bute Council school please contact your school office to arrange a replacement.
Everyone else can simply call the Argyll & Bute Young Scot office on 01546 604 142 or email NECTEAM@argyll-bute.gov.uk providing your name, address and date of birth.
You can request a photo upgrade and change your address or personal details at one of the validation points.
If you are at secondary school...
Contact your school office and they should be able to arrange one for you.
If you are no longer at school...
For your first card you request an application form by emailing NECTEAM@argyll-bute.gov.uk or phoning 01546 604142.
Once you've completed an application form, you don't send it by post to us - you have to get it validated! You may want to fill the form out at the Local Validation Point who will send it away to be processed, but the cardholder must attend with;
- a passport-sized photo,
- identification (like a passport),
- and; a proof of address
Local Validation Points
- Rothesay Service Point, Eaglesham House, Mount Pleasant Road, Rothesay, PA20 9HQ
- Dunoon Service Point, 22 Hill Street, Dunoon, PA23 7AP
- Islay Service Point, Jamieson Street, Bowmore, Isle of Islay, PA43 7HL
- Campbeltown Service Point, Burnet Building, St John Street, Campbeltown, PA28 6BJ
- Helensburgh Service Point, The Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre, 38 East Clyde Street, Helensburgh, G84 7PG
- Mull Service Point, Breadalbane Street, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6PX
- Lochgilphead Service Point, 1A Manse Brae, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RD
- Oban Service Point, Municipal Building, Albany Street, Oban, PA34 4AW
- Tiree Service Point, The Business Centre, Crossapol, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UP
Topping Up Your Card
If you use your card for cashless catering then you can top up your card online. You will need a reference number which will be issued through your school.
You can also top up using the machines in school. The machines take coins so make sure you have change.