Tips To Help You Get Active in Lifestyle
There are many ways you can build physical activity in to your daily life! It’s easier than you think, especially when you build your physical activity into your daily routine.
Here are some tips to help you get more active, more often!
- Try something new! If you’re not sure what activities are for you, the fun part is trying them all out until you find the one that makes you go back again and again. Check out BBC Get Inspired for some inspiration.
- Go for a walk! Getting out for a walk is one of the easiest ways to get active. You could walk to school, college or work, walk and talk with your friends or explore your neighbourhood. If you’re not sure how to get started, or where you can walk in your local area, check out our friends at Paths For All.
- Try out running! Sometimes getting started with running can be a bit daunting. If you’re new to running, the NHS Couch to 5K has some great tips on how to stay motivated and how to get your body moving.
- Get your friends involved! You’re more likely to keep active and enjoy yourself if you’re having fun doing it with friends. Why not create a WhatsApp group where you can share ideas and keep each other motivated to try new things!
- Create a new routine! Getting active often gets easier as you build it in to your daily routine. Why not create a new routine that includes exercise? This could include walking home from school or work or going for a run before dinner.
- Dance! Get your favourite tunes on and boogie away – you’ll be getting exercise without even realising it.
Your points code for Young Scot Rewards is BWCLR2.