Tips for Positive Thinking in Mind
Check out our advice for feeling more positive and ridding your mind of negative thoughts.
Thinking about things that went well and why they happened that way can help us feel more optimistic.
Try this once a week before you go to bed:
- get a piece of paper and a pen
- write down three things that went well this week
- write down at least one reason why each thing turned out the way it did.
It never feels nice when others put us down, yet we often do it to ourselves.
Be aware of thoughts like this and don't allow space for them in your mind:
- I'm rubbish
- I'll never be able to do that
- I'll mess up just like I always do.
Imagine it's a tiny imaginary person that's saying these things to you, take them between your finger and thumb and SQUISH!
You can also write down all your negative thoughts, then, rip them up and throw them away.
Get more advice on feeling good with our 5 Hacks for a Happy Mind.