What does being a Young Scot Member include?
Become a Young Scot Member to discover Discounts, Rewards and additional opportunities available and tailored for you. All you need is your Young Scot card to get started!
I had a Young Scot Rewards account before, what happens now?
If you had an account before, you will be invited to become a Young Scot Member and sync your Rewards account. Don’t worry, we’ll transfer over your points and account activity from the past 12 months!
Unfortunately, due to data protection laws under 12's will no longer be able to access Young Scot Rewards 😞. We appreciate this is disappointing and are working hard to find a solution. The good news is that on your 12th birthday you'll be able to register for a Young Scot Membership account!
How do I sign up?
We've broken the whole process down for you below!
To sign up, you'll need:
- Your Young Scot card
- An email address you can easily access
- 10 – 15 minutes to complete the sign-up process
Please Note: As part of the sign-up process you will need to register for a myaccount. myaccount is a secure sign-in service for accessing public services online in Scotland. As part of that registration you will be asked to declare whether you are male or female. We appreciate that some young Scots may not identify as male or female. We are committed to working with partners to develop pathways which are inclusive and accessible, aligning to Young Scot policies. myaccount will be changing this part of the process over the summer.
If you need any help with creating your myaccount or syncing your old Rewards account you can email us on email@example.com. If the problem is to do with creating your myaccount or your Young Scot Card number not being accepted, you can raise a support request with myaccount.
Registering for myaccount and a Young Scot Membership
- Go to membership.young.scot to get started. To sign up click on the person icon on the top right-hand side of the page. This will open a new window where you can register for or log in to your myaccount. If you already have a myaccount, sign in using your username and password. Then go to step 8 in this guide.
- If you need to register for a myaccount, click 'Register'. A new window will open, click 'Register' on the left-hand side box. Ignore the YOTI login option.
- Now you will need to enter your information. Follow the steps and enter the requested information (some of it is optional).
- Once you have entered your details, you will receive two confirmation emails. One includes your username and the other includes a temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email to log in to your account. From here you will update your password. Make sure it's something strong and secure!
- Once you've set up your new password you will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions for myaccount. Please make sure you read these carefully!
- Once you've read and accepted the terms and conditions you will have to provide your consent for myaccount to share your data with Young Scot. You will need to do this to create your Young Scot Membership account. Click 'Yes, take me there'.
- You will then need to read and accept terms and conditions for Young Scot Membership. Please make sure you read these carefully! If you are signing up using an existing myaccount, you will be taken directly to the Young Scot terms and conditions once you log in.
- Once you've read and accepted these you will be asked to enter your 16-digit Young Scot card number to validate your account. This is the one under your name and above the date of birth.
Then... you're in!
You've now registered for a Young Scot Membership account!