Young Scot and Historic Environment Scotland are looking for a group of young people to take part in co-designing history, heritage and its future in Scotland! Fancy being part of #HistoricScot - a Youth Forum that will help shape the involvement of young people with Scotland’s heritage? Find out more below!
- Interested in how heritage and history makes a difference to people’s lives now?
- Excited to be able to help shape how the historic environment is cared for, shared and valued by people in Scotland?
- Passionate about the legacy of 2018 Year of Young People and making sure young people are at the heart of decision making in Scotland?
If that’s you, we’d love for you to become part of the #HistoricScot team!
What will you do?
You'll be working directly with Historic Environment Scotland, their partners and Young Scot to deliver 'Our Place in Time' – Scotland’s historic environment strategy. You'll also support them throughout the decision-making process and in the delivery of new and improved services for young people.
You'll have the opportunity to develop your own skills and gain lots of new ones, plus take part in experiences, all whilst shaping the future involvement for young people throughout the heritage sector in Scotland!
Who are we looking for?
Aged 11-25? Then we’d love to hear from you!
We're looking for young people who are excited to work on an amazing project all about Scotland’s history.
No previous experience required!
How long is the project?
The #HistoricScot team will be working together for two years but don’t worry, we’ll only ask you to commit for 12 months to start with and you can then choose to continue for longer if you like.
That doesn't mean the group will meet every day either - so don't worry if you have school, work or other volunteering obligations. Young Scot always look to accommodate everyone's schedules!
What will you get?
Places on the team are voluntary, and we will provide travel expenses and accommodation where needed, as well as training and support throughout the process!
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Boost your CV as a member of #HistoricScot
- Develop and learn new knowledge and skills’
- Build your confidence, communications skills and be empowered to challenge decision makers!
- Challenge yourself to be innovative and create brilliant ideas!
- Meet lots of new people – our volunteers have the opportunity to meet other young people from across Scotland
What next? If you would like to be on the #HistoricScot team, you can apply online or by using the embedded form below.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 14th November 2019.
A selection day will be held in late-November 2019.
All travel expenses will be covered and accommodation may be provided on a case-by-case basis where necessary.
If you have any questions you can contact the Young Scot team via our free InfoLine on 0808 801 0338 or email email@example.com to find out more.
Head back to the Get Involved landing page.