Scottish Government’s Technology Enabled Care (TEC) project have teamed up with Young Scot to look at how digital tech can support young people’s health and wellbeing. In June 2019, a Panel of young people were formed to tackle this issue. They called themselves TECScot. TECScot are now recruiting additional members!
What does the TEC panel do?
The TEC panel work with experts across the health sector to look at how Scottish Government can use digital technology to address health and wellbeing issues today, and future-proof health and social care for generations to come.
Who are we looking for?
Applications are open to everyone aged 11-25 in Scotland, no experience required, and we particularly encourage applications from people who:
- manage physical or mental health conditions or disabilities
- are young carers or young parents
- live in rural areas
- are part of an ethnic minority
What do you need to commit to?
- Being part of the TECScot Panel for at least 6 months
- Attending meet-ups once a month on Saturdays, or sometimes the whole weekend
- Attending events or doing tasks in between Panel meet-ups
- Being willing to travel around Scotland to meet-ups
The whole project will finish in December 2020 but you will be given the option to stand down in June 2020, or continue on to the end of the project!
What will you get out of the project?
Places on the team are voluntary, but we will provide travel expenses and accommodation where necessary. Training and support throughout the process will also be provided, including access to a Young Scot staff member to support you throughout. You'll also:
- Meet other young people from across the country
- Challenge yourself - be innovative and make your CV stand out from the crowd
- Skills training and development
- Discover more about digital tech and healthcare
- Increase your confidence
- Meet the professionals who deliver healthcare and drive innovation
- Influence change for all young people in Scotland
- Attend events to talk about the project and your ideas
- Work towards your Saltire Award and gain Young Scot Reward points
Fill in the application online via SurveyGizmo, or by using the embedded form below.
The closing date for applications is Monday 6th January
We want to make this process as easy as possible so if you would prefer to apply another way just drop us an email or give us a ring.
You can contact the Young Scot team on 0808 801 0338 or email email@example.com.
Head back to the Get Involved landing page.