Want a Young Scot Membership? Here's how to sign up for an account!
What does being a Young Scot Member include?
Become a Young Scot Member to discover additional Discounts, Rewards and opportunities available and tailored for you. All you need is your Young Scot card and your mygovscot myaccount to get started!
I had a Young Scot Rewards account before, what happens now?
If you had an account before, you will be invited to become a Young Scot Member and sync your Rewards account. Don’t worry, we’ll transfer over your points and account activity from the past 12 months!
Unfortunately, due to data protection laws under 12's will no longer be able to access Young Scot Rewards 😞. We appreciate this is disappointing and are working hard to find a solution. The good news is that on your 12th birthday you'll be able to register for a Young Scot Membership account!
All 'show and go discounts' are available to all cardholders including 11 year olds.
How do I sign up?
We've broken the whole process down for you below!
To sign up, you'll need:
- Your Young Scot card
- Your mygovscot myaccount - if you don't have one it only takes 5 minutes to set one up
If you need any help with creating your mygovscot my account or syncing your old Rewards account you can email us on email@example.com. If the problem is to do with creating your mygovscot myaccount or your Young Scot Card number not being accepted, you can raise a support request with myaccount.
A short infographic guide can be found here.
Registering for mygovscot myaccount and a Young Scot Membership
- Go to membership.young.scot to get started. To sign up click on the person icon on the top right-hand side of the page. This will open a new window where you can register for or log in to your myaccount. If you already have a mygovscot myaccount, sign in using your username and password. Then go to step 7 in this guide.
- If you do not have a mygovscot myaccount, click 'Register'. A new window will open, click 'Register' on the left- hand side box.
- Now you will need to enter your information. Follow the steps and enter the requested information (some of it is optional).
- Once you have entered your details, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Follow the link in the email to activate your mygovscot myaccount. You will need to read and accept the terms and conditions. Please make sure you read these carefully!
- Once you've read and accepted the terms and conditions you will have to provide your consent for mygovscot myaccount to share your data with Young Scot. You will need to do this to create your Young Scot Membership account. Click 'Yes, take me there'.
- You will then need to read and accept terms and conditions for Young Scot Membership. Please make sure you read these carefully! If you are signing up using an existing mygovscot myaccount, you will be taken directly to the Young Scot terms and conditions once you log in.
- Once you've read and accepted these you will be asked to enter your 16-digit Young Scot card number to validate your account. This is the one under your name and above the date of birth.
Please note: As part of the process you will need to register for a mygovscot myaccount service, this is a secure sign-in service for accessing public services in Scotland. As part of that registration you will be asked to share a number of personal details such as D.O.B and declare gender of Male or Female. These attributes are used to verify the user. We appreciate that some young Scots may not identify in this way. The mygovscot myaccount service will be updating this part of the registration process over the summer.
Unfortunately, if your Young Scot card is used as a joint matriculation card with your college or university, you won't be able to register for Young Scot Membership at this time. We appreciate this is disappointing and are working hard to find a solution.
Then... you're in!
After following these steps you will be a Young Scot Member!
Check out more things to do locally and nationally on our Get Involved page.