The Youth Alliance was established as a community planning vehicle focused on addressing the challenges faced by our young people. Its overall purpose is to bring together all relevant partner agencies that work with and for local young people to strengthen partnership working and respond effectively to young people's needs and aspirations.
The Purpose of The Youth Alliance is:
- To co-ordinate improved service delivery for young people through an agreed agenda.
- To identify priority geographical areas and generic issues and to co-ordinate multi-agency initiatives to respond effectively to young people’s needs and aspirations.
- To develop a high quality youth participation and engagement structure that partners can utilise to inform future service delivery and which gives young people a voice.
- To improve access to a range of joined-up services for young people that will keep them safe and improve their life chances, health and well-being.
- To improve opportunities for young people to gain access to appropriate learning, education, volunteering, training and employment.
- To have a shared approach to funding for youth work/youth services to ensure strategic use of funding across the partnership.