The Purpose of The Youth Alliance is:
- To co-ordinate improved service delivery for young people through an agreed agenda.
- To identify priority geographical areas and generic issues and to co-ordinate multi-agency initiatives to respond effectively to young people’s needs and aspirations.
- To develop a high quality youth participation and engagement structure that partners can utilise to inform future service delivery and which gives young people a voice.
- To improve access to a range of joined-up services for young people that will keep them safe and improve their life chances, health and well-being.
- To improve opportunities for young people to gain access to appropriate learning, education, volunteering, training and employment.
- To have a shared approach to funding for youth work/youth services to ensure strategic use of funding across the partnership.