The Dynamic Youth Award will be valid like this until August 2020 then it will be reviewed.
The Dynamic Youth Award (DYA) is a nationally recognised award for young people age 10yrs+, which uses a youth work approach, which provides a means of recording and evidencing wider achievement.
To complete a DYA the young people:
1. Set a challenge which will take at least 5 hours to complete, this challenge should be challenging but achievable.
2. Show their plan to a ‘peer’, this could be a brother, sister, friend and ask them to assess it.
3. Do the Challenge and record it as you go along (take pictures, keep a note of the time, record your learning).
4. Review you’re your Challenge by following the guidance.
5. Peer Assessment – show your Challenge to your Peer for a final review.
6. Submit to the Youth Participation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online form below.
Dynamic Youth Awards have five levels of commitment:
· One star: 5 to 15 hours
· Two stars: 16 to 30 hours
· Three stars: 31 to 100 hours
· Four stars: 101 to 250 hours
· Five stars: 251 hours +
During this time, we are piloting young people working towards their DYA from home, with support available from our Youth Workers.
Getting started - you can work towards your DYA in two different ways, chose the option that best suits yourself:
1. Online Form
2. Download a Printable PDF and email to email@example.com
If there is anything we can do to help, please contact us on:
Feel free to ask any parents or guardians for help with filling in this form.
This Award is a Youth Scotland award. The Youth Participation Team have the license to deliver these awards in Stirling only. Please only participate if you live, go to school, or work/volunteer in the Stirling Council area. Your information will be held in according with the Stirling Council Data Protection Policy, for more information see https://my.stirling.gov.uk/council-democracy/access-to-information/data-protection/
Challenge Sheet Printable Version
Challenge Sheet Editable Version
Challenge Sheet Evidence & Review Checklist
Planning Challenge Targets
Recording Reviewing Activities 1
Recording Reviewing Activities 2
Reviewing Challenge Targets