- 4-5 Sausages
- 15-20cm length chorizo sausage
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 tin of good quality baked beans
- 1-2 teaspoons of tomato puree
- 1-2 teaspoons of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or coriander to garnish
Preparation time 5 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
- Cook the sausages in a pan and set aside.
- Fry garlic for 1-2 minutes over a low heat and then add in the sliced chorizo and pepper, continuing to cook for 5 minutes or until pepper begins to soften.
- Add the cooked sausage, can of beans, tomato puree and paprika and simmer gently for about 5 minutes, making sure not to let the beans turn mushy.
- Season to taste and garnish with fresh parsley or coriander.
- Serve immediately with baked potatoes, rice or crusty bread.
Don't forget, you can get a discount on all of your ingredients at Scotmid and Co-Op Food stores.