Youth Participatory Budgeting is coming to Renfrewshire again!
Celebrating Renfrewshire is a youth fund that will be delivered by young people for young people in Renfrewshire in the coming months.
Renfrewshire Youth Voice, Renfrewshire Youth Services Staff and other Council staff are encouraging young people to apply for funding. From the 12th October YOU can decide who receives that money!
The priorities for this fund are;
Youth Involvement & Participation
- Removing barriers for young people to participate
Sport & Physical Activity
- Sport is more accessible & appealing
Promoting Positive Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Removing stigma / Positive about mental health & wellbeing
- Involving young people and their families when dealing with poor mental health
- Encouraging open discussions regarding young people's mental health
Employability and Youth Development
- Developing life skills for employment, budgeting and leading and independent life
- Building confidence, communication and social skills within young people
New Projects in Response to COVID-19
- Supporting young people to cope with the effects of the recent pandemic
Voting will take place using Young Scot's voting platform. Last year the majority of people who took part in voting felt this was a fair way of getting funding to groups supporting young people. Youth Services staff will be helping all young people in Renfrewshire aged between 12 and 25 to cast their vote. You will be able to vote based on your Local Partnership area. More information on Local Partnership areas can be found here
If you are an organisation who would like to apply to receive funding you can find out more here
Information will be appearing within this campaign in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled for more information. There will be opportunities to earn Young Scot Rewards points throughout the process - even just for using your vote!
For more information please contact Renfrewshire Council's Community Planning team by clicking here