The Community Empowerment Academy is all about you picking up the skills and confidence to be able to have a say in what goes on around you. Having a say in what services are there for you, what you want to happen in your community and even what you want to happen in your life. Sound good? How do we do that? Well there will be loads of group activities and sessions across Renfrewshire that are free for 11-25 year olds. Here's some of what you will be doing:
- Learn how to have leadership skills and make a difference in your community
- Work together with other people and plan and deliver sessions for young people in Renfrewshire
- Meet new young people and take part
- Find out about the biggest issues affecting young people and help raise awareness eg mental health, mindfulness, COVID recovery, being part of a Youth Voice group
- Pick up some nationally recognised Awards for your CV and find out about volunteering opportunities
- Have some fun - we'll be building in things like Laser Tag, outdoor activities, walking challenges, online sessions and meets across Renfrewshire
The Youth Leadership sessions will take place on Thursday 8th April, 1-4pm and also Monday 3rd May 1-4pm (other sessions in September and October too) Email if you are interested in coming along!
There will also be some amazing Community Empowerment Academy Summer Sessions. These will be around having fun and making the most of Summer but also helping other young people have their voice heard so it might be making consultations (ways to find out how other young people feel about something) and taking a look at what the priorities of Renfrewshire's young people are.
- Tuesday 6th July
- Tuesday 13th July
- Tuesday 20th July
- Tuesday 27th July
More information on the Community Empowerment Academy is coming soon. If you would like to know more please come along to the Academies launch on Thursday 8th April, 1-4pm online. Register here. You can also drop the Academy an email.