Joining in with pancake Tuesday but want to try out a vegan alternative to the usual sweet treats on offer? We've got a super easy recipe for you to give a go!
125g/4oz Plain Flour
100ml Soya Milk
Vegetable Oil (for cooking)
- Add one-two tablespoons of vegetable oil to a frying pan and put it on a medium/high heat.
- Mash the banana up with a fork or masher.
- Add the soya milk and flour and mix together with the banana.
- Ladle some of the mixture into the heated frying pan.
- Allow the pancake to cook while using a spatula to stop it sticking to the pan. When it starts to brown, use the spatula to flip it and allow it to cook on the other side.
- When both sides are a little brown, pop on a plate and enjoy!
There are so many great toppings to have with your pancakes. Here are a few ideas:
- Lemon & Sugar
- Vegan chocolate spread alternatives
And whatever else you fancy!
Remember you can save money on all the ingredients by visiting your local Co-op or Scotmid with your Young Scot card!
Got a Young Scot Membership? use the code ZKUCPKP0 to redeem 25 Young Scot Rewards points. Not a Member yet? Find out how to sign up and start earning points!