It's difficult to know what to say when your friend is having a hard time, but it’s always reassuring to know someone has your back and is willing to listen. Why not say it with your own feel good gif?
Step 1: Create your message
Think of a friend who’s going through a hard time at some point, is there something you could say to them to help?
Choose a topic
It could be bullying, exams, depression, relationships, trouble with online trolls… whatever your friend needs some support with.
Choose how you would word this
There are a lot of different ways you can give advice on your chosen topic. Think about the practical advice you’d like to hear if you were in a similar situation. Would advice from a friend or parent help? Feel free to be wacky - what would a cat say to someone being bullied or feeling pressure with exams?
- What would a cat say?
- What would your best friend say?
- What would you say?
- What would you want to hear?
- How could you say it in a fun way?
Mash those two things together to make the message for your gif:
For example you may have picked self harm as your topic, and decided to think about what advice your best friend would give on this topic. You might have then realised they would tell you “You are not alone”
But, remember, your gif doesn’t have to relate directly to a topic, it could just be a great message for a friend.
If you’re stuck, here are some examples you could use:
- Look after yourself before others
- Talk about your feelings
- Being active makes you feel good
- You can do it
- Accept the things you cannot change
- Sleep helpsYou are awesome
- Walk away Breathe deeply
Step 2: Gif it!
If you’re using Giphy Cam on your phone: Giphy Cam is an easy app, available free for iPhone only.
- Open the app on your phone
- Take pictures of what you want to appear in your gif
- There are lots of editing options, and at the bottom you can add your message
- You can save the gif to your phone, message it to a friend via text or Facebook messenger, tweet or Instagram it
Step 3: Share it!
Post your Gifs on whatever social network you like with #AyeMind or share them with your friends.
Find out more mental health and wellbeing information over at Aye Mind.