- 1. All Aboard the Hogwarts Express
Harry Potter fan? Why not take the Jacobite Steam Train, which will take you past one of the main bridges the Hogwarts Express travels along (sit on the left hand side of the train for the best views).
Starting at Fort William, you end up in Mallaig, which is just across the sea from Skye if you fancy going for a cycle, or exploring a few castles!
Unfortunately, no Bertie Bott’s Every Flavoured Beans or Chocolate Frogs are provided on the journey.
- 2. Be Beside the Seaside
Grab your mates, go to the beach and explore some of Scotland’s coast.
- Armadale Bay Beach at the top of mainland Scotland is sheltered and popular with surfers.
- Saltcoats Beach on the west coast is a popular beach with chips and ice-cream aplenty!
- Gullane Beach near North Berwick is a great place to have picnic with friends.
- Barra in the outer Hebrides has gorgeous white sands and good for those who like to cycle
- 3. T In The Backyard
Who needs festivals when you can set up a couple of tents, have some iPod speakers, and your friends round for a bit of a dance?
You can get a BBQ going and, even better, you can use your own bathroom (no port-a-loos) and get a shower too!
Why not try making your own homemade burgers?
- 4. Get Competitive
Join the likes of your favourite Olympic athletes with a mini sports day in your back garden.
You can have the usual egg and spoon, sack, and three-legged races, as well as other games like twister or swing ball.
You could even see who can hula hoop the longest for a fun way to keep fit! Why not check out our 10 minute work-outs if you get inspired!