Indian food is extremely popular throughout Scotland, UK and the whole world. By following this recipe you can try out making some yourself!
Thanks to Mohamed Ramsan from the Omar Khayyam Restaurant who gave us the recipe for Chicken Pakora. Mohamed says: "It's a traditional starter dish, but you can serve it as a main meal"
- 1 pound flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 teaspoons of dry, whole coriander
- Pinch of yellow colour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- Oil for deep frying
- Natural yoghurt
- Half tea spoon of salt
- ¾ tea spoon of chilli
- Half a spoon of mint sauce
1) First prepare the batter for the chicken.
2) Place the flour in a bowl than add all the above ingredients and mix well.
3) Add water gradually and mix to a smooth batter.
4) Combine all the pakora dip ingredients and chill.
5) Boil the chicken well.
6) Heat the oil in a Wok and dip the chicken.
7) Fry on medium heat until golden brown.
8) Serve with pakora dip and salad - lettuce, tomato - as garnish
And there you have it! An easy and yummy alternative to a takeaway staple - why not try making it tonight?
Plus you can save money on the ingredients with our discount with The Co-op Food!