Chef, Loz Atkinson, has shared this recipe for buddha bowls which are a great option for healthy and different packed lunch! It takes around 15 minutes to prepare and serves one. Plus, you can get 10% off all the ingredients at your local Scotmid.
- ¼ cup of quinoa (or couscous, or rice)
- ½ cup of cold water
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 cup of rocket (or mixed leaves)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (or sundried tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons of shop bought hummus (or vegan pesto)
- ½ an avocado
- ½ TBSP of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and roughly chop sweet potato into 4 cm cubes.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone, scoop out of the skin with a big spoon and slice diagonally.
- Put the quinoa in a small non-stick pot with ½ cup of cold water. Cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes, until water has dissolved and grains are soft. Rinse under cold water. If using couscous or rice, cook to packet instructions.
- Place sweet potatoes in a microwaveable bowl. Season with salt, pepper and ¼ tablespoon of oil. Microwave on full power for 5 minutes. Check sweet potatoes with a fork, if still hard place on full power for a further 2 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool.
- Arrange all of the ingredients in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and the remaining olive oil.