Looking for some delicious deserts suitable for vegetarians? We have a super easy banana bread recipe that you can whip up in no time!
Why not whip up a sweet treat for yourself in the form of banana bread?
- What you’ll need loaf tin (we'd highly recommend a silicone one)
- 250g self raising flour
- 175g butter
- 175g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 banana’s - leave them to become slightly mushy
- Turn the oven up to 200 degrees - if you're using a metal loaf tin make sure to line the tin with butter.
- Rub the flour and butter together with your fingers to make crumbs.
- Next, add the sugar and the eggs and combine well until light and smooth.
- Fold in the bananas, making sure the fruit is well incorporated into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your tin (using a spatula to make sure you get every last bit of the mixture in your cake - but if there’s a little left over you can lick the bowl too… to test the recipe of course!)
- Cook for 30 minutes, testing with a skewer to make sure it’s cooked. It should be firm on top (and a little browned).
- Allow to cool, then serve and enjoy!
Remember, you can get 10% off the cost of the ingredients by using your Young Scot card at co-op!