Test your knowledge with this quiz!
1. What does the UNCRC stand for?
A. United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
B. United Nations Code of the Rights of the Child
C. United Nations Children’s Rights Convention
D. United Nations Charter for the Rights of the Child
2. Which country has not agreed to be bound by the UNCRC?
A. United States
3. How many articles are there in the UNCRC?
4. Who does the UNCRC apply to?
A. Everyone under 18
B. Everyone legally classed as a child by the law that applies to them (e.g. their country’s laws)
C. Everyone under 18 except people without a state, like refugees
D. Everyone under 18 who is a citizen of a country who has signed up to the UNCRC
5. When did the UNCRC come into force?
6. Who checks whether the UNCRC is being followed in Scotland?
A. The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
B. The Children & Young People’s Commissioner Scotland
C. UK Government
D. Scottish Government
7. How many languages is the original text of the UNCRC written in?
Check out more information about your rights.