Test your knowledge with this quiz!
Need a UNCRC refresher? Find out more about the UNCRC.
1. What does the UNCRC stand for?
A. United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
B. United Nations Code of the Rights of the Child
C. United Nations Children’s Rights Convention
D. United Nations Charter for the Rights of the Child
2. Which United Nations member country has not agreed to be bound by the UNCRC?
A. United States
3. How many articles are there in the UNCRC?
4. Who does the UNCRC apply to?
A. Everyone under 18
B. Everyone legally classed as a child by the law that applies to them (e.g. their country’s laws)
C. Everyone under 18 except people without a state, like refugees
D. Everyone under 18 who is a citizen of a country who has signed up to the UNCRC
5. When it was created, the UNCRC had to be agreed and signed off by countries in the UN. What year did this happen?
6. Who checks whether the UNCRC is being followed in Scotland?
A. The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
B. The Children & Young People’s Commissioner Scotland
C. UK Government
D. Scottish Government
7. How many languages is the original text of the UNCRC written in?
Visit the Activate Your Rights homepage to find out more about your rights.