Child Protection

If you don’t feel safe, or know someone that may be in danger you can talk to someone that you trust such as…

  • Parent or carer
  • your teacher
  • your doctor or school nurse
  • a social worker
  • a police officer
  • Childline – 0800 11 11

In an emergency if you or a friend need help contact the police or social work right away. To contact the police phone 101 or 999 in an emergency. To contact Inverclyde social work phone 01475 715365 (when the office is closed phone 0300 343 1505). Look out for your friends and class mates - talk to them and if you are worried, support and encourage your friends to seek help.

Not signed up for Young Scot membership yet? Sign up for Membership here.