Guy Faux night is fast approaching & we want you to have fun but also to be safe! This page is going to give you information on how to keep safe whilst at a bonfire and/or fireworks display.
- It is illegal for anyone under 18 to buy fireworks.
- Fireworks can only be set off between 6pm & 11pm.
- If you are caught throwing fireworks, you may get a £5000 fine.
- Badly Planned & positioned bonfires may lead to fire spread - onto fences, houses, trees, bins, etc.
- Do not put aerosols into bonfires as they will explode and could cause major injuries.
Fireworks can be a source of fear and distress for many animals. If you have a dog, take them out a walk earlier. Bring pets inside when fireworks are being set off.
Message from Fire Crews:
- Please DO NOT make Hoax Calls - you could be taking the fire service away from a REAL emergency.
- Attacks on crews do happen. Fire Fighters are there to keep everyone safe, so please do not attack them.
- If there is no responsible adults at a bonfire and someone has phoned up with safety concerns, the fire service MUST put it out.
Fearless.org is urging young people across Scotland to report ANY CRIMINAL activity through their 100% anonymous online form. Please also speak up about fireworks misuse & deliberate fire raising.