Brief summary of service/support for young people in East Dunbartonshire:
Support for any young person under 18 worried about their or someone else’s use of drugs or alcohol.
- Offers support to young people directly affected by their own substance misuse.
- One-to-one support, using evidence based interventions and a trauma informed approach.
- Aims are to reduce problematic use of substances; reduce substance related offences; improve health and well-being and encourage better engagement with services/education/community resources.
- Young people aged between 11 and 18 can be referred - referral process is extremely easy - any agency can refer and young people can self-refer.
- Young people can choose where to meet their worker - school, office base or in the community.
Web Address/Web page link: