Join Hospitalfield’s Young Artist Club
Are you a young person in Arbroath or Angus interested in making art? We are looking for this year’s artists for Young Artist Club.
Art can be anything you like! Drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, filmmaking, performance, computer art and more.
Hospitalfield’s Young Artist Club is a chance to hang out with friends, take part in creative activities and have fun! Members meet regularly to try new art activities and develop their own ideas with support from a lead artist. It’s free to be involved. Travel, access costs and snacks are available at all meet-ups.
Who can join?
- People aged 14 – 18. If you are not within this age range you cannot join.
- Anyone with an interest in art and being creative. Meet-ups will take place at Hospitalfield in Arbroath so you should ideally be based in Angus.
- People who are carers/are care-experienced, disabled or are eligible for or in receipt of free school meals will be given priority places.
How do I sign up?
Complete the registration form here before midnight, 4 May 2022.Once you have registered you will receive an email with more details. You are encouraged to attend as many of the meetings as possible. There are twenty places available.
What happens during meet-ups?
- Each Saturday you will meet as a group from 10am to 3pm for 20 Saturdays beginning Saturday 7 May 2022.
- Each session is developed and led by an artist who will create a safe and welcoming environment to create art and learn new techniques.
- Each session will be supported by Hospitalfield’s Engagement Manager or Arts Education Assistant. You will have a chance to share ideas and reflect what you have learnt.
- You will work with the Artist by using different techniques and methods to increase knowledge about visual art.
- By the end of the meet-ups you will have the confidence to be creative, to experiment in your own artistic practice and take part in your own exhibition.
Materials for each participant will be provided. Food and refreshments will provided at each Saturday session by Hospitalfield. Transport to and from venue expenses will be provided.
Young Artist Club is funded by the National Heritage Lottery Fund and Power of Youth, Angus Council.