Samaritans: Tel: 116 123
- A confidential non – judgement listening service available 24 hours a day
- Open for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair including those which could lead to suicide
Childline: Tel: 0800 11 11
- Stops at 18 years
- Online chat forum
- Offers ways in which you can improve your mental health eg. exercise, talking to someone, etc.
- Talks about different mental health issues and it explains what it is like living with it
Breathing Space: Tel: 0800 83 85 87
- Free, confidential phone-line to call when feeling down or stressed
SANEline: Tel 0300 304 7000
- The helpline is a confidential service for those aged 16 or over.
- Open every day of the year from 4.30pm to 10.30pm on
Mind: Tel 0300 123 3393
- Provides information on a range of topics including: types of mental health problems, where to get help, medication and alternative treatments and will look for details of help and support in your own area.
- Lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).
Disclaimer: we do not endorse or recommend particular resources, and encourage you to carefully explore resources before you use them (September 2018).