What is the project about?
As you know, libraries are and have been an important part of local communities, used by people of all ages across Scotland.
The Scottish Library and Information Council are looking at how their services will develop and want to include the views, perspectives and experiences of young people from a range of backgrounds.
Supported by Young Scot, a Vision Panel is being recruited to take a lead role in the project representing the youth voice in Scotland. If you're aged 14-25, read on to find out how you can take part!
The Vision Panel will explore the following areas:
- Reading, literacy and learning
- Digital inclusion
- Economic wellbeing
- Social wellbeing
- Culture and creativity
- Libraries as excellent public services
To do this you will:
- Meet regularly as a national team and also work together online
- Conduct your own investigation
- Support Young Scot to run workshops that will engage other young people in the project
- Encourage young people to share their own experiences
- Create Recommendations showing your collective vision for SLIC’s future and present this to their board and key stakeholders
This project will give you the chance to challenge yourself, be innovative and make your CV stand out from the crowd!
- Develop your skills through experiences and training
- Increase your confidence- be empowered and challenge the people at the top!
- Meet other peoplefrom across Scotland and work in a team
- Have your say on the future of a service affecting all Scottish young people
- All your travel, food & accommodation costs will be covered!
Interested? Apply before July 21st 2017! Tell us the following info:
- Your name, age, area you live in, what you’re up to (school, work, volunteering, training or unemployed) and a contact phone number
- Why you want to get involved in this project, (including the skills you’d like to develop)
- Share if you are involved with or volunteer in any local or national organisations
- Any support you require or special considerations we can to make to help you join in
Send your application by email to CoDesign@young.scot
9 Haymarket Terrace