The Summer School is for:
Young refugees, including refugee students and students on forced mobility, motivated and committed to develop projects and initiatives for social inclusion and intercultural dialogue in their communities and organisations
Youth workers and leaders of youth and students organisations and projects directly working with refugees and supporting their social inclusion.
All participants should:
- Be within the age range of 18-30 years
- Be able to work in English
- Be available for the full duration of the activity.
Aims of the Summer School
- To share and reflect on the situation and challenges faced by young refugees in Europe
- To strengthen participants understanding and practical knowledge in the areas of democratic citizenship, dialogue, conflict transformation and leadership
- To enhance participants motivation and abilities for entrepreneurship and social/youth projects in their communities
- To provide participants with a wide range of soft skills that can enhance the creative and innovative capacities of young people in ways that are relevant to building resilient societies and not just in relation to employability
- To support networking among refugees and other students and youth organisations
When, where, accommodation and travel:
Venue and accommodation The Summer School will be held at University of Minho in Braga, Portugal. Participants will be accommodated in students’ residences seminar in double bedrooms.
Meals will also be provided by the organisers at the university unless specified otherwise.
Dates: 27 August to 3 September.
Working language: Participants residing outside Portugal will be reimbursed of their travel to and from Braga according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Selected candidates will be informed in due time regarding travel procedures. Visa costs will also be reimbursed by the Council of Europe. The Council of Europe and GP4SS will issue invitation letters that should facilitate the delivery of visas where necessary.
Anyone interested in taking part should fill in the online application form here
Application forms should be submitted by 22 June 2017 at 13:00. For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org