How to Get Active With #YSRewards in Lifestyle
Did you know there are many ways you can build physical activity in to your daily life? Being physically active is easier than you think, especially when you build it in to your daily routine.
Connect Your Tech
Did you know you can earn Young Scot Reward points for syncing your fitness wearables and active apps to your Rewards account?
How it works:
- Connect your favourite active apps or fitness trackers to earn daily Rewards points
- Use your points to get your hands on Fitbits, sport equipment and some cool opportunities through Rewards!
When you Connect Your Tech via your Rewards account you will earn daily points for:
- Completing a 20 minute burst of activity (e.g: a walk, run or cycle) – 25 points
- Completing a minimum of 7,000 steps a day – 100 points
How many activities will YOU complete this week? Sync up today and get active your way.
To use Connect Your Tech you will need to have a Young Scot card and be registered with Young Scot Rewards. Find out how to get a card here.
Tips on how to use 'Active Rewards'...
- Try something new. If you’re not sure what activities are for you, the fun part is trying them all out until you find the one that makes you go back again and again...why not check out BBC Get Inspired to help get you started!
- Having a disability need not be an obstacle to getting involved in sport. Read our article and find out more.
- Go for a walk! To school, uni, work, to see friends or just explore your neighbourhood. If you’re not sure how to get started, or where you can walk in your local area, check out our friends at Paths for All!
- Try out running! If you're new to running, the NHS programme Couch to 5k has great tips on how to stay motivated and how to get your body moving.
- Get your friends involved! You’re more likely to keep active if you have fun and other people to enjoy yourself with.
Tip: Why not create a WhatsApp group where you can share ideas and keep each other motivated to try new things!
- Create a new routine where you walk or run every day when you get home or before you have dinner.
- Dance in front of the TV or play some music! Dance For Fitness have some great tips on getting started.
- There are loads of great discounts available with your Young Scot card like 25% off at Ryze Trampoline Park, 20% off climbing at Transition Extreme plus many more local leisure opportunities. Check out all our discounts now!
- Finally… Reward yourself! We believe your hard work and enthusiasm should be rewarded.
Your points code for Young Scot Rewards is BWCLR2.