How To Perform CPR in Body
Learn how to perform CPR with this step by step guide:
Someone has lost consciousness and you want to help. Here's how to do so.
Remember: you don't have to be an adult to do CPR
1) Check for danger
Make sure the area you are in is safe and you won’t put your safety at risk by helping this person.
2) Check for responsiveness
Shake them and call out their name if you know it – ask if they can hear you etc.
3) Call for help
If they aren’t responding, call out for help. Having another person there means they can call 999 while you are helping whoever is unwell.
4) Check for breathing
Tilt their head back and check if they are breathing normally.
5) Call 999 and start CPR
If they aren’t breathing call 999 and start CPR.
1) Put your hand in the middle of their chest
2) Interlock your fingers, hands one over the other, like this:
3) Keep your arms straight, with your shoulders over your hands
4) With your body weight, push down as hard as you can. Then lift up.
5) Press down 2 times every second. Or to the rhythm of the song “Staying Alive”
6) Keep going until the ambulance or other help arrives.
If you have another person with you, you can get them to take over if you get tired.
Collect your Rewards points with this code: JZNCIS